CENTRAL AUTO AUCTIONS - TERMS AND CONDITIONS LICENSED MOTOR DEALERS ONLY
1. Provided that any reserve has been attained and any deposit required be paid immediately thereafter the highest bidder shall be the purchaser and upon the fall of the hammer shall be bound by these terms and conditions of sale. The Auctioneers decision shall be final and if any dispute shall arise as to the highest bidder, the lot in question shall at the discretion of the Auctioneer be put up again and resold or the Auctioneer may in his absolute discretion decide the dispute and his decision shall be final.
2. The Auctioneer reserves the right to one bid.
3. Upon the fall of the hammer, the purchaser shall if requested, give his name and address and pay a cash deposit of 25% of the purchase money and the balance shall be paid immediately after the sale, otherwise the deposit shall be forfeited and the lot or lots may be resold. The Auctioneer has the right to demand the payment of the whole of the purchase money in cash, if he deems it necessary.
4. All lots will be at the purchaser’s risk immediately after the fall of the hammer, and no responsibility will be incurred by the Auctioneer or Vendor for their safe-keeping. No exception shall be taken to any of the lots on delivery, the whole having been open for inspection by the purchaser previous to the sale, and on no account will any allowance be made.
5. Should there be any deficiency in the quantity of goods sold, the Auctioneer will not be bound to deliver more than what is actually in his or the Vendor’s possession.
6. The Auctioneer is not responsible for the correct description, genuineness or authenticity, or any fault or defect in any lot, and makes no warranty whatever.
7. All lots submitted for sale are to be bid for, purchased and taken as the same now stand, and in their present position and condition with and subject to all faults, damages and defects whatsoever therein. Purchases must satisfy themselves that measurements and / or quantities specified are correct.
8. Terms are cash and all lots sold must be paid for and removed at the purchaser’s risk and expense immediately after the sale. Nothing shall be removed until a clearance shall be given by the person in charge. The deposit on any purchase not so completed is liable to be forfeited. Lots not paid for and removed in accordance with these conditions may be resold by public auction or private contract at the risk and expense of the former purchaser who shall be held liable for any deficiency that may arise from such resale together with all costs incurred.
9. The Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot from sale at any time without assigning any reason.
10. The Auctioneer shall be sole arbitrator and in all cases his decision shall be final.
11. Title does not pass until payment is received or cheque is effectively cleared.
12. GST INCLUSIVE.
13. Payment - For those with a credit arrangement with CAA, payment for any vehicle purchased is due within (7) seven days (auction day plus 5 working days). COD customers must have the vehicles picked up and paid for within 3 working days including Auction Day. Vehicles not paid for within the specified timeframe will be subject to a Late Fee which will be at the discretion of Management and will include interest on the outstanding amount.
14. Vehicle Pickup- Vehicles must be picked up within 5 working days (Auction day plus 4 working days). If a Vehicle is not picked up within specified timeframe, a storage fee will be charged per day/per vehicle. Vehicles can only be picked up during office hours. CAA urges successful bidders to pick up their vehicles immediately after the Sale to ensure their protection. Vehicles remaining at CAA's facility after the Sale will be at the sole risk of the Buyer. CAA will not recognize any claim for theft or damage, in whole or in part, after the vehicle has been sold.
WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY STATEMENT:
• CAA is committed to ensuring we comply with current Work Health and Safety Legislation and applicable Codes of Practice and Australian Standards as far as possible
• Whilst at CAA we ask all clients to comply with all applicable legislation and regulatory requirements and with CAA’s WHS policies and procedures
• We request that all clients take the utmost care whilst on CAA property and cooperate with actions taken to protect, the health and safety of themselves and others (e.g. do not walk in front of moving vehicles, refrain from revving engines in an unsafe manner etc.)
• We request that if clients are bringing children onto the premises that any child under the age of 14 are always accompanied by an adult and we strongly urge that you stay within the client seating area
• We request that clients report all accidents or incidents to the relevant CAA employee or manager as soon as possible; in the event of an emergency you will follow our emergency evacuation procedures
Central Auto Auctions in general has a no return policy except under strict conditions.
All buyers have the opportunity to inspect or have vehices inspected prior to auction.
Central Auto Auctions acknowledges that some buyers may not arrive in time and/or some vehicles
may be late entries that the buyer may not have inspected, however in any case it is advised that the
buyer takes into consideration the no return policy and refrains from bidding on vehicles not inspected thoroughly.
No consideration will be given to visual faults, road worthy faults nor reported faults.